“BHCK to be a leading provider of quality higher education for women in the State of Kuwait.”
“As the sole private institution of higher education for women in Kuwait, Box Hill College Kuwait (BHCK) is committed to creating a quality learning environment for students that provides the opportunity to acquire necessary knowledge and skills to excel in the local job market, or to pursue further tertiary education pathways”.
Performs accounting and budgeting functions in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
Oversees the day-to-day operations of the Financial Services Office; manages the College’s outstanding collectables and debt; prepares and monitors the departmental budgets; oversees the daily cash management function and banking relationships; actively participates in property management. Works closely with the Heads of Departments and Administration Management to monitor the performance and strategic planning initiatives.
May include any and/or all of the following:
1. Monitors the performance and development of the departmental budgets.
2. Maintains up-to-date debt service schedules and debt ratio figures for annual reports and ensures the timely payment of collectables, debts and loans.
3. Monitors the College’s daily cash position, interacts with all banking relationships, and coordinates the implementation of all banking products.
4. Works with Scholarship programs and services managing the submission and follow up of all
5. Maintains payroll records. Processes payment of salaries and other payables.
6. Prepares checks and processes payments for various vendors, contractors, suppliers and maintain accounts payables and general ledger.
7. Receives checks and payments and account receivables and general ledger.
8. Maintains the Inventory List and records rent received and payables from outside parties.
Key Selection Criteria
1. Proficiency in financial and accounting software as well as Microsoft Office and Outlook applications.
2. Ability to maintain and interpret accounts and records.
3. Ability to design and analyze financial reports.
4. Ability to prepare financial reports and cash analysis.
5. Report preparation skills.
6. Accounting and clerical skills.
7. Ability to maintain confidentiality with strong work ethics.
Essential Formal qualification, experience and attributes:
1. Bachelor’s degree in accounting / Business Administration with a major in accounting or related field.
2. Five (5) years successful experience in the field of accounting, auditing, or other related fields.